Jobs & internships
Join Our Team
We are a small team in a very dynamic, creative, and entrepreneurial “maker” environment – and as we grow, we will need your support! Check back frequently for more job and internship opportunities.
We need your help to give these materials a new purpose — by turning them into creative, stylish, fun and useful products like backpacks, messenger & duffel bags, tote bags, belts, laptop & iPad sleeves … and whatever else you can come up with!
- You should have an industrial design or product design background and a creative “Maker” mind to think outside the box.
- You are not shy about experimenting with new materials coming up with new design concepts as well as new or unique features and differentiators that could improve existing products and styles already in the market.
- Self-motivated, organized, able to follow projects through to completion, work well independently and as part of a team.
- Preferred but not required: knowledge of spoken Spanish. This will make it easier for you to communicate with – and learn from – our predominantly Spanish-speaking workforce.
What we offerYou will have the opportunity to put your skills and knowledge to work in a small, family-like but highly professional and experienced work environment.
We have close to fifty industrial and apparel sewing machines, cutting machines, grommet and snap setting machines as well as screen-printing capabilities. You will work alongside a creative and dynamic marketing team and highly experienced and talented sewers and seamstresses who can help turn your ideas, prototypes and concepts into finished and market-ready products.
We provide you with the necessary tools, machines and management support to learn on the job, be creative, experiment with new materials, and develop new skills on the work-floor. If you are interested in expanding your sewing skills, you can work side by side with some of our best sewers – ask them questions and have them show you different techniques and tricks.
Your working location would be Santa Rosa and general working hours are Monday-Friday 9am – 5:00pm – but we are flexible and can work with you to accommodate study schedules or other commitments.
Ideally we would like to have someone on board full-time for a minimum period of 8-12 weeks – or longer if feasible and desired by both parties. We would also consider a part-time schedule for the right person.
Compensation to be negotiated based on experience. Desired start date: ASAP!
How to ApplySend us your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with us and what skills & assets you are bringing along. Show off your creative side and share some projects you have worked on (website, photos) – let us see the Maker in you!
Please send your application to: [email protected]
We need your help to spread the word about us, our mission and the unique, stylish and useful products we make. Help us build and interact with an online community and develop lasting relationships with future customers and partners
- We are looking for a fresh-thinking Content & Social Media Intern who shares our passion for sustainability, doing good and creating purposeful products.
- You are proactive, passionate and eager to dive into new learning experiences.
- Your enthusiasm should extend into your daily tasks, but also play a key role in offering ideas and strategies that align with the marketing team’s goals.
- You have a great personality that can relate to many people both in person and in writing. You can use these skills to create relationships with potential customers and partners.
- As a valued team player, you should possess a positive, go-getter attitude and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Desire to learn and implement best practices for community engagement.
- The ideal candidate will be a creative visionary who is motivated to make the most out of the resources available to them during their internship endeavors at Sonoma-USA.
- You know how to use of Photoshop and Illustrator to create marketing material that fits to our brand and can be eye catching while speaking our message to viewers.
- You understand the importance of goals and numbers/analytics to help drive sales.
- You have experience with social media campaign building and content creation across multiple social media platforms.
- In an ideal world you have worked on crowd sourcing campaigns before and are ready to share your experience in preparation of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign.
- Build, update and manage our social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Develop and design content as well as work with the design team on the graphic design and visuals to support digital content.
- Develop social media marketing plan and event calendar.
- Create consumer-facing stories that talk about our various upcycling activities & partnerships.
- Communicate key themes and messages that match our company’s mission and marketing initiatives.
- Represent us in the social media sphere, engaging with customers and jumping into dialogue, answering questions where appropriate and building brand loyalty
- Ability to analyze and present campaign results; analyze the online conversation to guide engagement strategy and share insights with appropriate co-workers.
What We OfferYou will work alongside a creative and dynamic marketing team to help you build relationships in an online community setting.
You will be part of an exciting new start-up venture and be an essential part of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign development.
Perks: cool unique and stylish, upcycled products!
Your working location would be Santa Rosa
Time Commitment – minimum 20 hours a week, full-time preferred. Minimum 8 weeks, 10+ preferred
Compensation to be negotiated based on experience.
Desired start date: ASAP!
How to ApplySend us your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with us and what assets you are bringing along. Send to: [email protected]
As our E-commerce & Website Development Intern, you can apply your technical and creative skills to a real-world business setting.
Given that the large majority of our business takes place online, this position plays a crucial role in ensuring our website and online shop are functional and consistent with the high-quality look/feel of our hand-crafted products. There will also be opportunities to contribute to the design of various marketing materials and assist with product photography. We are a small company where all of us wear many different hats, so you will be part of the team that includes our company Founder/CEO, our Communications Strategist, and our Sustainability Director.
- Punctual & professional
- Quick and resourceful learner
- High standard of personal performance
- Able to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and work independently
- Effective problem solver and ability to easily shift tasks in a dynamic environment
- Experience and interest in working collaboratively with a small team to complete large projects
- Updates and redesigns of Sonoma-USA.com as needed
- Manage product descriptions, inventory, and pricing in our online shop
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT TASKS (IF QUALIFIED):
- Product photography, photo editing, and uploading of photos to our online shop
- Assist with graphic design for marketing and promotional materials
- Exceptional organizational & communication skills
- WordPress using x-theme templating
- Experience with online shopping platforms such as WooCommerce
- Experience in coding: CSS, HTML, PHP
- Photography skills and ability to take product photos in a studio setting
- Experience with photo capturing software (such as Canon EOS Utilities)
- Proficient user of MS Office & Adobe Suite
LOCATION: 3253 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
DESIRED HOURS: 20-24 hours/week, with the option of a flexible schedule.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work portfolio to: [email protected]